Goedverwacht

Goedverwacht is situated off the R399 near Piketberg. The village was established as a cattle farm in 1810 by a farmer, Hendrik Schalk Burger. He bequethed the farm to his slave Maniesa and her descendants. In 1889 the Moravian Missionaries bought the farm and since then the locals have been involved in the property.

The Church building, modern styled houses and the beautiful gardens are examples of the fine local craftsmanship. The tranquillity of the village is complimented by big evergreen trees along the main road.

 

Contact Information


Address

Piketberg Tourism Bureau
Winkelshoek complex on N7
Piketberg
7320

Contact Details


Tel: 0229132063
Fax: 0229132063
Email: tourism@piketberg.com
Web: www.tourismpiketberg.co.za

 

Towns in the Bergrivier

 


Location Map: Goedverwacht